Prepare this dish ahead of time and hold in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking. Chicken must be cooked and shredded.
- 1 1/2 Cup PERDUE Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 4 Cups Italian bread, 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1/2 Cup onion, chopped
- 4 Cups baby spinach
- 1/2 Cup artichoke hearts, chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Whisk milk with cream, eggs, salt and pepper. Stir in bread and 1 cup cheese; set aside.
Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until softened.
Add spinach, cook until wilted.
Add roasted red peppers, cooked and shredded chicken, and artichoke hearts; heat through.
Remove from heat and toss with bread mixture; pour into the prepared baking dish.
Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes or until almost set. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until melted and golden.
Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.