Baked Balsamic Eggplant Fries Recipe
What a fun snack to make on a chilly day. Quick, simple and in the oven in less than 5 minutes. You only need a few ingredients. Eggplant, check. Sea salt, check. Balsamic vinegar, check. Fresh basil and paprika, check and check. You probably have these ingredients already hiding in your fridge and pantry so it’s an easy one to whip up.
They can be dipped into fresh tomato sauce, sprinkled with sea salt, nutritional yeast, or Parmesan cheese. Cooked tender crisp and tossed with fresh organic herbs, these fries are the perfect snack for your 3 p.m. slump or for the kiddies as an after school snack. Whichever way you decide to nibble on these lil’ guys, you’re gonna be happy you made ‘em. I promise.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup green tea, brewed and chilled
- Juice of 1 lemon, flesh reserved for roasting
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 basil leaves, chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the eggplant and mix well. Set aside. Dip each eggplant slice into the mixture to coat. Transfer to a baking sheet or roasting pan and toss the reserved lemon on top.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 2 minutes. Serve warm.