Fatback Collective Comes Together to Rebuild Scott's BBQ
Everyone who knows Rodney Scott loves Rodney Scott. He is one of the hardest working pitmasters around and his whole hog barbecue is some of the best in the country. So when word spread that his pit house at his Hemingway, South Carolina restaurant Scott’s Bar-B-Que caught on fire over Thanksgiving weekend, everyone wanted to lend a helping hand.
Now people in five lucky cities will have a chance to do so. Not only can they donate to the rebuilding efforts, they can also get a chance to meet Rodney and eat his amazing 'cue. His friend’s part of the Fatback Collective, a group of likeminded chefs, restaurateurs and entrepreneurs around the country, are organizing the effort and recruiting friends around the south to assist with the rebuilding of Scott’s. The tour called “Rodney in Exile BBQ Tour: Fatback Grand Trail” will start in Charleston, SC on December 22 and end in Birmingham, AL on February 1.
The full tour schedule with participating chefs and cities is as follows:
- December 22, 2013: Charleston, SC—John Haire at Nick’s Bar-B-Q
- January 20, 2014: Atlanta, GA – Angie Mosier and Kevin Gillespie at Gunshow
- January 23, 2014: Nashville, TN – Sean Brock and Patrick Martin at Husk Nashville
- January 26, 2014: Oxford, MS – John Currence and John T Edge at Lamar Lounge
- January 29, 2014: New Orleans, LA – Donald Link, Ryan Prewitt, and Stephen Stryjewski at Cochon
- February 1, 2013: Birmingham, AL – Nicholas Pihakis at Jim N Nick’s Bar-B-Q
For more details, visit Fatback's website and come out and show some love back to Rodney!