There’s nothing quite like a bowl of quinoa and greens. And a few fresh raspberries and blackberries, too. So pretty and so easy to make. Just a few ingredients from my garden and a quick trip to the market for fresh berries. And voilà.
See all recipes for salad.
- 1 Cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 pint blackberries, preferably organic
- 1 pint raspberries, preferably organic
- 1 Teaspoon dried basil
- 2 Cups mixed greens
- 2 scallions, chopped finely
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon stevia powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest, plus more for serving
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds
Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 20 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, blackberries, raspberries, basil, mixed greens, and scallions. Gently toss to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Remove the quinoa salad from the refrigerator and drizzle with the balsamic dressing. Serve chilled with additional lemon zest.