President Obama's Beer Sold for $1,200 at Charity Auction
We guess that people are still really, really interested in getting a taste of President Obama's Honey Ale: one report now shows that a group of Minnesotans paid $1,200 for a single bottle.
Fortunately, as Politico and the blog Obamafoodrama report, all the proceeds went to a charity auction for University of Minnesota's Amplatz Children's Hospital. The bottle up for sale was given to Minnesotan Brad Magerkurth, during an "off-the-record" campaign stop in Tennessee, and a group of Minnesotans paid the hefty price to share the single bottle.
Apparently, everyone was super excited to share a beer that came from the president's personal stash. According to Obamafoodrama, Obama even asked Magerkurth for a review of the beer, in return for the gift; while Magerkurth hasn't submitted a "formal" review, he says he really enjoyed the Honey Ale. "We were expecting it to be a little more cloyingly sweet... [But] it was hoppy and dry, really good," he told Obamafoodrama. Still, may we recommend the Northern Brewer's Home Kit for the Obama beer recipes for $35 to $45 instead? Quite a step down from $1,200.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time