Support Veterans by Visiting These Restaurants on November 5
On Wednesday, November 5, several of New York City’s most prolific chefs and restaurateurs will team up with the Bob Woodruff Foundation (BWF) for the launch of the very first annual “Dine Out for Heroes,” a single-day event during which participating restaurants will donate $1 per cover to the foundation.
Participating restaurateurs include: Daniel Boulud (Daniel, Bar Boulud), Eric Ripert (Le Bernardin), Andrew Carmellini (Lafayette, Bar Primi), Jeffrey Lefcourt (The Smith, Jane Restaurant), Drew Nieporent (Myriad Restaurant Group), Simon Oren (Tour de France Restaurant Group) and Jeff Zalaznick (Torrisi, Parm, Carbone), with Bob Grimes and Lockhart Steele.
Dine Out for Heroes is a new partnership of the Bob Woodruff Foundation, and will take place on the day of the annual Stand Up for Heroes in New York City.
Since its inception, Stand Up for Heroes has raised more than $21 million to support injured service members and their families, and has featured performers like Jerry Seinfeld, Louis C.K. Bill Cosby, Bruce Springsteen, Jon Stewart, and others.
For the latest food and drink updates, visit our Food News page.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas