Dunkin’ Donuts Woos Healthy Customers with Almond Milk
In an effort to appeal to some of their more health-conscious customers, Dunkin’ Donuts has decided to add almond milk to the menu. Starting this week, three out of four Dunkin’ Donuts locations will carry vanilla-flavored Almond Breeze, in addition to regular and soy milk, which they have always carried.
The decision has almond milk fans jumping for joy, but others are skeptical. Franchises like Starbucks have declined to offer almond milk because of possible allergens but that’s a risk Dunkin’ is willing to take.
“There are more opportunities than ever for restaurant companies to differentiate themselves by staying on top of consumer trends and responding to them,” John Costello, Dunkin’ Brands’ president of global marketing and innovation, told Business Week.
Here’s something sweet to go with your almond milk: Dunkin’ fans who tweet or Instagram using the hashtag #almonDDmilk are entered for the chance to win $500 or $100 Dunkin’ Donuts gift cards.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time