Channing Tatum Just Chopped Off and Ate a Rattlesnake’s Head
Channing Tatum has taken his “boy gone wild” persona in Magic Mike, and transformed it into a “boy in the wild” one on nature survivalist Bear Grylls’ new NBC reality show, Running Wild with Bear Grylls,”which puts celebrities like Channing Tatum and Zac Efron in wild survival situations. In this particular episode, hunky new dad Channing Tatum had to chop off the head of a rattlesnake that he came upon in the woods, before he and Grylls cooked it up for dinner. As a prize for facing down the poisonous creature, Bear Grylls made Tatum a necklace out of the snake’s rattle.
“There you go, my first kill,” said Channing on the episode. “I’m feeling pretty animalistic at the moment. I think we’re gonna eat good tonight.”
Luckily, according to Bear Grylls, the snake was fairly large, so it was enough sustenance to last them throughout their trek near Yosemite National Park.
It’s a bit of a cliché to compare the taste of exotic meats to chicken, but Tatum admitted that if rattlesnake were a piece of chicken, it “would be completely terrible chicken.”
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time