New Foods at the Minnesota State Fair
The Minnesota State Fair has announced 47 new foods that will be served at the fair, Pioneer Press reports. Total, the event will have about 300 concessions available. The fair runs from August 22 to September 2.
Here are some highlights from the new additions:
- Bourbon Wurst: pork sausage seasoned with sage, caraway, and nutmeg and infused with bourbon whiskey at Sausage by Cynthia
- Candied bacon cannoli at Ole’s Cannoli
- Deep fried olives on a stick at Fried Fruit
- Cocoa Cheese Bites: Wisconsin cheddar cheese nuggets breaded with cocoa puffs, fried and served with a chocolate dipping sauce at Axel’s
- Deep fried bread pudding: Bite-size cubes of deep fried bread pudding served hot and drizzled with caramel sauce, at O’Gara’s at the Fair
- English Toffee Fudge Puppy at Granny’s Kitchen Fudge Puppies
For more information about how the fair and these treats, visit the fair’s website.