New App Makes Finding Sicilian Wines a Snap
WineCode Sicilia, a free mobile app from the Regional Institute of Wine and Oil and WineCode, is helping travelers to Sicily find and discover the region’s wineries.
Available from Apple’s App Store and at Google Play, the multilingual app guides tourists and wine lovers in their journeys to discover wineries in Sicily. WineCode Sicilia’s features include a detailed map of Sicily’s wine territories and the location of 200 cellars, starting with the ones closest to the user.
Users can also follow the Wine Roads of Sicily feature, in which a route for exploring several wineries is suggested by the app, or prepare their own itinerary by selecting wineries they prefer to visit. Using GPS technology, the app finds the closest winery and provides its name, services, meals and wine tastings, and detailed description of wines produced in the territory. Many of the listings also include a video of producers showing their wines.
- IHOP Launched a Pumpkin Pancake Stout With Keegan Ales
- The Absolute Best Thing to Eat in Every State
- These Cities Have the Most Millennials in the US
- 'Shot in the Dark' Is Dunkin' Donuts First-Ever Coffee in a Can
- 18 Indulgent Paleo Recipes