Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe will give you eggless, caffeinated cookie dough, making it unlikely that the batter will ever make it into the oven. But if your will power is strong enough, I can’t think of any cookie that tastes better freshly baked. The strong coffee is perfectly offset by the dark chocolate, which of course is best appreciated when it’s still melting. Give these cookies a try, whether it’s from the hot oven or straight from the mixing bowl.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-14 minutes
Total time: 22-30 minutes
Serving Size 48 Cookies
2 cups all-purpose
½ teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
10 oz (2 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
3 tablespoons instant espresso powder (or 4 tbs. instant-coffee granules, crushed)
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cooling rack with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter and coffee until well combined. Add the confectioners’ sugar and brown sugar and beat until combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture about ½ cup at a time.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out about 1 tbs. of dough at a time, flattening it into disks.
- Place each disk on an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the edges start to darken, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 1-2 minutes and then transfer them to cooling racks.