The holidays are just around the corner and these microwave pralines make a sweet treat to give as a gift and a great finger food to serve at parties. Crispy on the outside and a little chewy on the inside, these pralines are simple and quick to make. Your friends, family and guests will probably think you spent hours on them, and nobody will suspect they came from the microwave. Whether as a snack or dessert, these are sure to be crowd-pleasers.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Total Time: 14 minutes
Servings: 3 dozen
1 ½ cups dark brown sugar
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups pecan halves
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, heavy cream, salt, pecans, and margarine.
2. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
3. Take the bowl out of the microwave and stir the mixture several times.
4. Microwave on high for an additional 4 minutes.
5. Let the mixture rest for one minute.
6. Stir in the vanilla extract and continue stirring for an additional minute.
7. Drop by the teaspoonful onto a cookie tray or buttered wax paper.