Microwave Meal: Cornbread for One
Our family usually has a traditional Thanksgiving dinner spread, including stuffing, mashed sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, brussels sprouts and homemade rolls straight out of the oven with tons of butter. If you’re like me, you like a piece of yellow cornbread to add some color to, of course, your Instragram’d Thanksgiving dinner plate. But unfortunately, I’m the only one in my family that likes cornbread — so I resort to making a single serve cornbread for one in less than 5 minutes (which also pairs deliciously with chili throughout the winter).
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
¼ cup flour
¼ cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 egg white
4 teaspoons oil
1 tablespoon honey
1. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg white until foamy and then add the milk, oil and honey.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
4. Use cooking spray to grease a large coffee mug (or microwavable safe bowl) and pour cornbread mixture into it.
5. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, depending on how you like your cornbread to be textured.