Luna Park's Halloween Harvest Fest in New York
Every weekend in October, Coney Island’s amusement park Luna Park in New York will be celebrating Halloween and the fall season with a Halloween Harvest festival.
The amusement park will be decorated with Halloween-themed (yet still kid-friendly) decorations and costumed characters, and visitors will get to enjoy fall-themed activities such as pumpkin-painting. Seasonal foods and beverages will be on offer, including pumpkin soup, sweet potato fries, pumpkin cheesecake, and apple cider, as well as sweets for the children, such as Welch’s Fruit Snacks and Sour Jacks. Some of the park's food staples will be dyed to give them a Halloween touch, like orange corn dogs and green cotton candy.
Upon entering the park each weekend, visitors will be greeted by a giant pumpkin and will have the opportunity to win $1000 cash by guessing its weight. The winner will be announced on the last Saturday of the month, Oct. 26, and Marc Evans and his team of Manic Pumpkin Carvers from Food Network’s show Halloween Wars in 2012 will attend the festivities to carve the giant pumpkin. During this day, a family pumpkin-carving contest and pie-eating competition will also be held.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time