How to Make Wine at Home
Think winemaking is only for the professionals? Much as home-brewing has taken off, winemaking at home is now seeing its time in the spotlight. And while it may take a few more steps and a lot more patience than making a home brew, a home wine is just as easy.
As Allrecipes.com and Washington State University explain, there isn't much to making wine: it's the fermentation of fruit juice. With a little bit of yeast, and a lot of patience, you too can make at home. Washington State University shares how to avoid the two most common problems when winemaking — sanitation and oxidation — so that your wine won't pick up strange odors and tastes.
How to do it? This fun infographic can inspire you to get started. Let this kick-start your own winemaking project at home!
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas