DIY projects are great in theory — you log onto Pinterest and are suddenly inspired to try anything and everything.
But while some of those projects are beautiful, they can be utterly challenging and leave you stuck with tons of supplies and ruined home goods. When it comes to crafting, pick your battles. And if wall art is one of the fights, feel confident choosing a DIY photo clipboard every time.
This simple project can personalize your kitchen and can easily and beautifully serve as a functional project. A photo clipboard is essentially what it sounds like: an average clipboard converted into wall art or in the case of a functional kitchen tool, a recipe holder. Here is what you’ll need to make your own and match the theme of your kitchen:
- 1 Bottle of Modge Podge
- 1 Paint brush
- Printed scrapbook paper
- 1 Clipboard
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- 1 heavy duty magnet strip
1. Apply a thin coat of Modge Podge to the back of your scrapbook paper and arrange on the clipboard as you see fit.
2. Once your design is arranged and set, paint a sealing coat of Modge Podge on top of the photos. Allow to dry.
3. Once it is dried, hot glue a magnet strip on the back of the clipboard so you can hang on your refrigerator.