How to Make Chai Whiskey
October 11, 2010
Use this homemade Chai Whiskey in Matt Bradford's Autumn Chai Cocktail.
Photo courtesy of Garnish Photography
- Warm 5 cinnamon sticks, 2 split whole nutmeg, 1 whole vanilla bean, 2 teaspoons whole black pepper, 2 star anise, 2 teaspoons of juniper berries, 1 teaspoon of cardamom, and 2 teaspoons of cloves in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once warmed, remove from the heat and turn off the stove. It is crucial that the heat source has been turned off before introducing the whiskey so as to avoid a fire hazard.
- Pour 1 litre of whiskey over the cardamom and cloves and let them steep for one hour.
- Add the remaining spices and let them all steep together for an additional hour.
- Strain and return to a bottle.