How to Host a Texas-Style Backyard Barbecue Cocktail Party
It finally feels like summer and this month we’re tipping our cowboy hats in honor of the good folks in the Lone Star State with a Texas-style barbecue-themed cocktail party. Whether you’re looking for an excuse to host a get-together in the backyard or throw the ultimate celebration to honor dad on Father’s Day, this unforgettable party is the perfect solution.
In the episodes below, we’ll walk you through everything you need for the perfect gathering, including cocktails and appetizers, good music and décor to set the scene, and a fun activity for all to enjoy. Start off with some fresh “macho” margaritas, and then snack on pimento cheese spread and pulled chicken sliders. Our set of rockin’ tunes screams summer — and then we’ve topped it off with a game that is all about dads.
Segment 1: Cocktails
How to make our “Macho” Margarita.
Segment 2: Appetizers, Part One
Segment 3: Appetizers, Part Two
How to make Texas Caviar.
Segment 4: Appetizers, Part Three
Segment 5: Party Atmosphere
Flowers for the table, a rockin’ playlist, and a fun game in honor of the dads out there.
Click here for a pdf of the CD cover. Then download the songs below for the party playlist and then burn a copy as a take-home souvenir for your guests.
1. Summer Breeze — Jason Mraz
2. China Grove — The Doobie Brothers
3. Ring of Fire — Johnny Cash
4. King of the Road — Roger Miller
5. Tequila — The Champs
6. Chicken Fried — Zac Brown Band
7. Summertime — DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
8. Cowboy Take Me Away — The Dixie Chicks
9. Texas Flood — Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble
10. Stormy Monday — The Allman Brothers