1. Slice your onion down the middle horizontally.
2. Peel the outer layers off both halves.
3. Cut each half down the center of the bulb.
4. Flip one section so the bulb is on the cutting board and begin to slice the section on an angle, making sure not to cut all the way to the top. Watch those fingers!
5. Cut the onion horizontally across the notches you just made. The thickness you cut will determine how thick or thin your final product will be.
You’ll end up with something like this; diced perfection.
If you want long strips of onions, cut the horizontal sections closer to the bulb. Voilà!
Want more on how to cut stuff? Check these out: