Giada De Laurentiis’ App for Entertainers
For Giada De Laurentiis, cooking and hosting go hand in hand. An active mom, hostess, and Food Network star, De Laurentiis knows a thing or two about pulling together the complicated worlds of parenting, playing, and working. To help you get a grip on all of the "worlds" around you, she recently released "Giada: A Digital Weekly," a new app for iPhone, loaded with her tips, tricks, and, of course, recipes.
In fact, the app contains a "Recipe Box" function, and recipes are shareable across users' social networks (like on Facebook and Pinterest). Readers also can receive step-by-step cooking instructions in the "Cook Mode" feature and "favorite" recipes they want to revisit at a later time. Every Thursday, a new issue will be released for readers to have as an entertaining touchstone.
Check out what De Laurentiis is tackling in her next issue:
It's that time of year, time to get in the kitchen and bake:
- De Laurentiis bakes with Jade for a school bake sale (including apricot oat bars, chocolate amaretti cookies, and lemon curd cupcakes)
- A roundup of bakeries across the country that are known for a unique sweet (like Cronuts, pretzel croissants, and more)
- Celebrity baker Johnny Iuzzini shares recipes from his newest book
- De Laurentiis' buying guide to her favorite baking tools and accessories
- Feel Good Food: keeping it healthy with De Laurentiis' recipe for vegan chocolate truffles
- Hot List: De Laurentiis' top baking books
Also, here are some of De Laurentiis' amazing baking recipes for any occasion: