Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
Total Time: About 75 minutes
Servings: 16 brownies
2 sticks of unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (try Ghiradelli)
4 large eggs at room temperature
1/8 cup water
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a square 9″x9″ pan with nonstick spray. Line the pan with parchment paper and then spray the parchment paper with more nonstick spray.
- Melt the butter, sugar, and bittersweet chocolate chips in a double boiler, stirring until smooth. (Tip: to double boil something, fill a pot of water, boil the water, turn it to simmer, and place a heatproof bowl with the ingredients on top).
- Meanwhile, whisk together together the eggs, water, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Once the chocolate mixture has melted, whisk it into the egg mixture.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder and salt. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan and cook for 50-60 minutes until the center is set. Let cool.
Adapted from Martha Stuart
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here:
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time