Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes with a Nutella Buttercream Coat
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 50-55 minutes
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick of butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
12 Ferrero Rocher chocolates
If you want to make an insane amount of Nutella frosting:
1/2 cup Nutella
2 sticks butter
1 tbsp heavy cream
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 12 muffin cups into a cupcake tray.
2. Mix dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt) into a medium sized bowl
3. Melt the butter in the microwave
4. In a different, larger bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, egg, yolk and vanilla extract. Do each ingredient individually, mixing together as you go.
5. Melt the bittersweet chocolate and mix into the larger bowl.
6. Add about half of the dry ingredients.
7. Add the buttermilk.
8. Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients.
9. Pour into muffin cups.
10. Place one Ferrero Rocher (minus the wrapper) into each cupcake. Submerge as much of the chocolate with the batter as you can.
11. Don’t forget to lick the spoon!
12. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Tip: use a toothpick to tell when it’s ready!
1. Melt or whip butter
2. Mix in confectioners’ sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, Nutella, and salt.
3. Apply frosting using something more sophisticated than what we used (knives and plastic bags).
4. Share with your friends or hungry floormates.
More good stuff here: