Chinese Authorities Weigh in on Edibility of Four-Legged Chicken
In a scene straight out of an early season of The Simpsons, a woman in China found a four-legged chicken running around near her farm. A four-legged chicken might not be as appetizing as the Simpsons’ three-eyed fish, but local agricultural authorities say she can totally eat the chicken if she wants to.
According to Shanghaiist, the woman is a farmer but says the chicken did not come from her farm. She spotted the strange hen outside her farm earlier this week, and when she investigated more closely she noticed that the chicken had a second pair of full-sized, relatively normal looking chicken legs growing out of her.
The second set of legs are on the back of the chicken, sticking out between the hen’s tail and her other legs. She only uses the front set to move around with. The bonus legs appear to be just for decoration.
Crowds of people have been coming by the farm to see the chicken, and the farmer says she’s worried all the stress of celebrity will shorten the weird bird’s lifespan. The local farming authority weighed in, however, and says that the chicken just looks odd, and that it would be perfectly safe to eat her.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- These Airline Pilot Secrets Will Make You Less Afraid to Fly
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time