Elvis' 'Tiger Man' Sunglasses Bring In $22,500 at Memphis Auction
An auction consisting of items relating to the iconic Elvis Presley fetched more than $620,000 at the Peabody Hotel, in Memphis, Tennessee, on August 14, 2012. The event, Heritage Auctions Elvis Memorabilia Signature Auction, attracted fans of the King of Rock and Roll worldwide. The yearly Elvis-themed auction preceded the 35th anniversary of Elvis Presleys death by two days, as Presley died on August 16, 1977. Every year Heritage puts on an Elvis-themed auction, offering up some priceless items from the King's personal belongings. Among the items there was a pair of "Tiger Man" sunglasses, a cardboard standee from "Love Me Tender," and a patterned coat.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas