casserole
Shutterstock

Co-Worker's Casserole Dish Sickens 4 at Pharmaceutical Company

A shrimp casserole is the main suspect
casserole
Shutterstock

A San Diego business saw four of its employees hospitalized after consuming a meal from a co-worker.

Four people fell ill after eating a co-worker’s shrimp casserole at a pharmaceutical company in San Diego.

According to the San Diego Tribune, one 60-year-old-man passed out outside Inovio Pharmaceuticals and was transported to the hospital by ambulance along with a second person after many efforts were made to revive him.

The San Diego police reported that the two other victims who felt ill either drove or were driven to a nearby hospital.

It is unclear if the shellfish used in the dish is the cause of the outbreak of illness. The conditions of the four people remain unknown. The Daily Meal will continue to update this story once new information is available.

Related Stories
Woman Fights for Her Life After Eating Gas Station Nacho CheeseIn-N-Out Reopens After Illness Scare

Concerned sharing food might make you sick? Know what to look out for with these 10 major foodborne illnesses around the world.