When we feel we are valuable, we surround ourselves with luxury. Comforts and pleasures beyond those needed for everyday living. Luxury is not a materialism; it doesn't have to be a new car or a shiny ring. It can simply be a holiday candle, a piece of good chocolate, listening to good music. These luxuries cost little but mean so much.
My luxury today is crab soup and boy oh boy is it good. A little bit expensive — but I'm worth it. What’s your idea of treating yourself to luxury?
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 Cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 Pound lump crabmeat
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 Teaspoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 Teaspoon lemon zest
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Transfer to serving bowls. Serve warm.