This Beer Has As Much Protein as a Steak
A U.K.-based online supplement shop has a beer that contains as much protein as a cut of sirloin steak, according to the Daily Star.
The shop, MuscleFood.com, spent three months perfecting a "Barbell Brew" that has 21.8 grams of protein, which is 95 percent more than youraverage beer. At 92.4 calories and 85 percent fewer carbs than most brews, it lets drinkers kick back and have a cold one without getting a beer belly, according to the product page.
It's also gluten free and has 3.6 percent alcohol content, so you can still get a buzz.
“Living a healthy lifestyle can be difficult, especially when you enjoy a drink with friends. But now our high-protein alternative means anyone can enjoy a beer without the guilt," says Darren Beale from Muscle Food.
The company advertises it on the website as, "has notes of tropical fruits and light caramel on the nose... assertive, resinous hops, biscuit malt flavor... and an aggressive, dry and satisfying choppy finish."
Will beer bellies be banished with a new high-protein brew? We’ll have to wait and see.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Peanut Butter
- Subway Tries for Healthy With New Antibiotic-Free Rotisserie-Style Chicken
- People Are Buying Airline Barf Bags for $500
- Passenger Removed From Flight Over Weight Limitation
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them