DIY Peanut Butter Cups
The candy first to disappear in my house is always Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups; I bought a big bag of pumpkin shaped ones that were eaten within a day. So instead of continuing to buy more, I decided to make these no-bake homemade peanut butter cups. They will fulfill your peanut butter and chocolate cravings while keeping your secret candy stash fully stocked throughout the season.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 36 peanut butter cups
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup powdered sugar
4 cups milk chocolate chips (two 11.5 oz. bags)
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1. Line mini-muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter, butter, and salt in 30-second increments.
3. Slowly stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening in 30-second increments, until completely melted. Be sure to stir after each increment.
5. Spoon a tablespoon of melted chocolate into the bottom of each lined muffin cup.
6. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes, until chocolate is hard.
7. Spoon a teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture on top of chocolate.
8. Spoon more melted chocolate on top, enough to fully cover peanut butter (if necessary pop chocolate back into microwave to re-melt).
9. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, until chocolate is hard. Store in freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve.