Day 18: White Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Icebox Cookies
White chocolate gets a bad rep (“It’s not even real chocolate!”), but folded into salty oatmeal cookie dough dotted with cranberries, it finds its place. These cookies are flakey and tender and while they have to set in the freezer for an hour before they bake— I promise the results are totally worth the wait.
Prep Time: 75 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 85 minutes
1 ¼ cups of flour
½ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of baking powder
¾ cups packed brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup rolled oats
1 cup white chocolate chunks
¾ cup cranberries
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Mix in the dry ingredients.
3. Fold oats, cranberries and white chocolate into the batter. Dividing the dough in half, roll into logs and wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for 30 minutes to 2 hours, until the dough is firm.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two cookie sheets with foil.
5. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into ¼-inch disks. Place the cookies a few inches apart on the cookie sheets.
6. Bake until cookies are golden brown around the edges, approximately 10 minutes. Let cool then enjoy!
The post Day 18: White Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Icebox Cookies appeared first on Spoon University.