Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 ½ cups Basmati rice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 white onion
1 large tomato
2 tablespoons cumin
3-4 cloves garlic
4-5 italian sausages (I prefer Johnsonville Spicy Italian)
1 can red kidney beans, drained
1 sprig parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
4. Chop the tomato into ½-inch pieces.
5. Slice sausages into ½-inch slices.
6. Sauté the olive oil, onion, tomatoes, garlic, sausage, beans and cumin in a large pan over medium heat until sausage is browned and beans begin to split.
7. Add the cooked rice to the pan and let it simmer.
8. Add the chopped parsley.
9. Add any salt, pepper and/or additional cumin to taste.
Serve and enjoy. If you want a sweet rice dish to balance out this one’s spiciness, check out this coconut sticky rice with mango.
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: