Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Risotto
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion, chopped
5 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2/3 cup white wine
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth (or 1 stalk cube and 2 cups hot water)
3/4 cup Arborio rice
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 ounces (between 2-3 cups) baby spinach, chopped
1. In a medium sized saucepan, add olive oil and butter and place over medium heat. When butter is melted, add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the mushrooms, cooking till soft.
3. Add the crushed garlic and sauté for another 5 minutes.
4. Next, stir in the rice to incorporate.
5. Pour in the white wine and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until absorbed. Then add the vegetable broth in 4 additions, waiting each time for the rice to soak in the mixture.
6. Add the cheese and and stir until creamy.
7. Add the spinach, cover the pan and cook until it has wilted.
8. Serve with freshly grated cheese.