These Homemade Chicken Nuggets Will Hit the Spot
What is it about chicken nuggets? Is it the crispy, crunchy exterior? The meaty goodness inside? Or the satisfying ability of every bite sized morsel to perfectly protect any type of dipping sauce?
Regardless of how or why we enjoy them, one thing is certain: Americans love fried chicken nuggets. Tyson says it ships over 22,000 tons of chicken nuggets a year.
Now the chain is undergoing a big push to distance itself as a dominating fast food force and is testing a version of nuggets without any preservatives or artificial additives in its McNugget mixture. But the simplified McNugget is still in test mode—and it’s not nationally available (the chain hasn’t announced when it plans to roll out the new nugget).
If you’re trying to cut those pesky extras from your diet but can’t give up a good deep-fried nug, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you to try at home.
These homemade nuggets have only 12 ingredients—and we promise no pink slime is involved.
- Report alleges Hampton Creek faked hundreds of thousands in sales and environmental impact claims
- Burger King, KFC and others fail in study on antibiotic use at fast food chains
- Brangelina’s marriage is corked: Who gets Miraval winery?
- Country star Kix Brooks celebrates outdoor cooking with first ever cookbook
- Science confirms ‘beer goggles’ do exist, drinking makes us friendlier