Coconut Raspberry Scones
This dessert uses flax seeds, which are high in protein and fiber. In addition, the flax seeds add more texture to the soft raspberries.
- 2 1/2 Cups almond flour
- 1/2 Cup golden flax seed meal
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 Cup granulated erythritol or sweetener of choice
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 Cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 Cup almond milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon coconut or vanilla extract
- 1 Cup frozen raspberries
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, flax seed meal, shredded coconut, erythritol, baking powder and salt.
Stir in eggs, coconut oil, almond milk and coconut or vanilla extract until dough comes together. It will be quite sticky.
Stir in raspberries until well distributed.
Turn out dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and pat into a rough rectangle, 6 by 8 inches. Cut into 6 even portions, and then cut each portion in half diagonally to make 12 triangular scones.
Gently separate scones and place around cookie sheet, leaving at least 1 inch between them. Bake 28 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Remove and let cool on pan.