Chipotle Announces New Vegan Menu Option
Chipotle is now vegan-friendly. The well-known Mexican burrito chain just announced the big news that “Sofritas,” a new protein option made with shredded tofu, chipotle chilies, and roasted poblano peppers, will now be available on Chipotle menus in Boston and New York starting on March 3rd. The tofu option already had a successful run on the west coast, and Chipotle says that it will probably expand nationwide later this year.
“In creating the recipe for Sofritas, we wanted to produce something that would appeal to vegetarian and vegan customers, but that was delicious enough to have crossover appeal as well,” said Chipotle founder and CEO Steve Ells.
Sofritas will be available to top any of Chipotle’s burritos, bowls, and salads, and is replacing the “Garden Blend” plant-based meat alternative, which Chipotle said it was never fully satisfied with.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- These Airline Pilot Secrets Will Make You Less Afraid to Fly
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time