San Francisco's toy ban, which prohibits the free toy giveaways with kids meals, kicked off yesterday. In response, McDonald's started its sneaky campaign to work around the ban.
Mickey D's is charging 10 cents for Happy Meal toys; the proceeds will go to the Ronald McDonald House charity.
The ban stops chain restuarants from toy giveaways with children menu items that don't meet nutritional standards (including the mandatory fruits and veggies portions).
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them