I know what you’re thinking — Brussels sprouts sound like the epitome of the vegetable your mom tried to shove down your throat when you were 10 years old that you sneakily fed to your dog under the table. But give this leafy green vegetable a chance — not only are they a great source of fiber and vitamin C, but they can even help prevent cancer. Plus, they taste great when sautéed with bacon (‘cause lets be real, what doesn’t?). Follow this simple recipe to impress your family with a delicious and healthy side dish at this year’s holiday dinner, and show them just how yummy Brussels sprouts can be.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
9 or 10 raw Brussels sprouts
1 cup of pine nuts
1 cup of pre-cooked bacon bits
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Cut Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
2. Sauté in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. After 5 minutes, stir in 1 cup of bacon bits.
4. While Brussels sprouts are cooking, roast 1 cup of pine nuts in a separate pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until golden brown.
5. Top the Brussels sprouts with pine nuts. Serve hot.