The Best Value Wines in Napa Valley
I‘ve recently been tasting through recent cabernet releases from the Napa Valley and have been struck by the appeal of many of the wines. This is due in small part to the string of vintages, cooler than typical, that winemakers have recently been working with. But there might be more to it than that. I’ve written up my thoughts on the matter and will bring them to you in fully on Thursday, but for now I just wanted to kick off the discussion with some Napa Valley cabernets that offer good value.
These may not be really inexpensive wines — Napa cabernets just do not come cheaply — but they are roughly in the less-than-$25-a-bottle category, making them affordable and probably pretty easy to find. These value priced wines offer a lot to like, and serve as a great introduction to both the style of recent vintages and (perhaps) a hint of winemaking trends in Napa Valley circa 2013.
— Gregory Del Piaz, Snooth
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas