Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: About 40 minutes
cinnamon toast crunch cereal or substitute
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F. Wash and core apples; making sure all seeds are removed.
2. Place apples in a baking pot and pour enough water -about a 1/4- 1/2 inch in height to ensure that apples stay moist while baking.
3. Place the rest of the ingredients, dried cranberries, walnuts and cinnamon toast crunch, in the cored part of the apples until contents fill to the top of the cores. Sprinkle cinnamon over creation. Following this step, place leftover ingredients straight into the water in order to maximize liquid taste (since the water will be used a liquid sweet sauce later on).
4. Place pot in oven and let apples bake for about 20-30 minutes or until thoroughly baked. Remove apples from oven.
5. Pour some of the liquid from the bottom of the pot on top of the apples. Also, top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a creamy, savory addition.
Bon Appetit! Feel free to mix up the ingredients depending on availability or to mix up the taste a bit.
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: