What to Eat and Drink in Los Angeles this August
1. RivaBella Launch Sunday Supper Menu
WeHo’s RivaBella has launched a special $25 Sunday supper menu beginning August 10. The three-course dinner includes choices of pizzas, salads, lasagna, flat iron steak, and grilled Scottish salmon, as well as dessert options.
2. Tanzy Westwood Partners with St. Supery Estate for Wine Dinner
On August 11, Tanzy in Westwood is partnering with St. Supery Estate to offer a five course Italian farm to table menu with wine pairings. Available for $100, reservations can be made at 310.307.7004.
3. La Ventura Hosting Tequila Pairing Dinner
On August 12 at 7 p.m., La Ventura is offering a five-course tasting dinner with dishes paired with Herradura Tequilas. Diners will also receive a free bottle of La Ventura’s Double Barrel Tequila. $150 per person, RSVP to 818.358.3423.
4. New Bar, Lounge and Restaurant App
Barfly Social Club at Riviera 31 at the Hotel Sofitel will host a launch party on August 12 for a new smartphone app, providing a list of 50 bars, restaurants, and lounges offering “Social Hours” or member exclusive cocktail and food specials.
5. Dinner Lab Hosts With Love to Mexico Event
On August 14, Dinner Lab will host a “With Love to Mexico” charity dinner event. This is the first time that Dinner Lab will be open to the public for $75 per plate, with all proceeds being donated to Mexico Unido. The evening’s menu will feature some of LA’s best chefs preparing traditional Mexican dishes.
6. Sprinkles Opens at Americana
Sprinkles has opened a location in Glendale at Americana at Brand. The new store is giving away free "Sprinkles S’More" ice cream until August 17.
7. LA Food & Wine Kicks Off August 21
The fourth annual LA Food & Wine Festival will be held August 21 – 24 in downtown Los Angeles. Famous chefs will come together for three nights and four days of epic culinary creations including chef dinners, seminars, and tastings. Tickets are available for purchase on their website .
8. Dave & Buster’s Opens New Hollywood Location
A new branch of Dave & Buster’s will open on August 25 in the Hollywood and Highland complex. The restaurant will offer food, original drinks for this specifiv location, and over 170 arcade games.
9. Lemonade Toluca Lake Opens
Lemonade will open in Toluca Lake on August 25. The new outpost of the seasonally-inpsired, cafeteria-style chain will occupy the building across from Bob’s Big Boy on Riverside Drive.
10. Chaya Venice Presents 19th Annual Garlic Fair
The Westside location of Chaya, Chaya Venice, is now offering special garlic dishes through August 31 including spicy garlic seafood tan-tan soup, Australian Wagyu beef with garlic rice, and a 40 clove grilled rib eye.
11. Café Pinot Welcomes New Exec Chef
Patina Restaurant Group’s Café Pinot has named Joe Vasiloff as it’s new executive chef. Vasiloff previously worked at the group's Ray’s & Stark Bar at the LA County Museum of Art.
12. Pre-Forum Specials at Post & Beam
For the remainder of the LA Forum’s 2014 season, Post & Beam in Baldwin Hills will offer a complimentary dessert with the purchase of any pizza or large plate to guests who present their Forum concert ticket stub for that evening’s show.
13. Settebello Opens in Newport Beach
Settebello, the Napolitano style pizzeria is bringing Italian tradition to Orange County as the chain opens its eighth location at the Crystal Cove Shopping Center in August.
14. Acabar Introduces New Summer Dishes and Cocktails
Hollywood’s Acabar has launched new Mediterranean-inspired summer dishes including summer risotto, northern halibut, roasted quail, and raspada, as well as new cocktails including strawberry-infused tequila, Rittenhouse Rye and sweet vermouth with cherry brandy, and a Demerara Rum Swizzle to its menu.
15. $1 Taco Tuesdays at Saint Rocke
South Bay’s Saint Rocke is now offering free live music and $1 tacos every Tuesday night. Drinks are also on special with $2 beers and $5 margaritas.
16. Complimentary Lunch at The Spa at Terranea
Book a 60-minute or more treatment at The Spa at Terranea and receive a $20 credit for lunch at the Spa Café; call 310.265.2740 to reserve.
18. Joan’s on Third Opens in Studio City
A new Studio City outlet of the famous Joan’s on Third will open this month on Ventura Boulevard bringing Joan’s signature gourmet comfort items.
19. 1886 Bar at The Raymond Offers New Summer Menu
The 1886 Bar at The Raymond in Pasadena is offering special summer cocktails including a savory pina colada, a "French 86," "Nine Pieces of Eight," "The Calypso," and "The Age of Piracy," among others.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas