Sexy Wine Labels
Sex sells, we all know that. Wine being an adult beverage, it would seem like sex would be a happy partner for marketing, but to date its use has been sparce.
That seems like it’s about to change. While there has been some undercurrent of sexy images on many wine labels over the years, it hasn’t been very pronounced. Is there a point where it crosses the line? I am reminded of the famous line uttered by Justice Potter Stewart in 1973 regarding pornography:
“I shall not today attempt further to define [obscenity]; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it... ”
Ultimately, there are people who will take offense with these labels, as there are people who take offense at the whole notion of alcohol being legal. We regard these issues as personal conclusions that we each must reach. Marketers need to appeal to enough of the population to make their efforts popular, and are not against turning off a segment of the population in the process.
So where do you fall on these sexy, salacious, and sometimes downright saucy wine labels?
— Gregory Dal Piaz, Snooth
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them