3 "Chocolaty" Wines for Valentine's Day
In between the candy corn of Halloween and jelly beans of Easter there is Valentine's Day, when chocolate is king. Gentlemen, forget roses that are too red, rings that are too shiny, and awkward pink fuzzy stuffed animals! On Valentine's Day, ladies like Valrhona dark, Ghirardelli white, and simple heart-shaped boxes of chocolates with that one prized piece — milk chocolate with fluffy orange cream.
So with that in mind, here are three wines with "chocolaty" characteristics.
Wine: Toro, Termes
Producer: Bodega Numanthia-Termes
Grape: Tinta de Toro (a clone of Tempranillo)
Region: Toro, Spain
Vintage to try: 2008
Tasting notes: Like chocolate-covered dark cherries.
Wine: Zinfandel, Russian River Valley
Producer: Hartford Family Winery
Region: Russian River Valley, Calif.
Vintage to try: 2007
Tasting notes: Like raspberries and red Twizzlers dipped in dark chocolate.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record