After you make my Zucchini Pasta Puttanesca it will become a regular – I promise!
I made this with Easy Grilled Tuna and it was the perfect combination. I did take out some of the puttanesca mixture before adding the zucchini and topped the tuna.
I have a device that turns zucchini into noodles but you can also use a vegetable peeler or mandolin.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, maybe more
- 3-4 anchovy fillets, patted dry and cleaned
- 1 large zucchini (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 Cups pitted olives (I used kalamata), chopped
- 1/4 Cup capers, drained
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil and let heat up for 1 minute. Add in minced garlic and anchovies. Chop olives, capers, parsley and pepper. Let saute for 10 minutes. Saute mixture until anchovies melt into oil and completely dissolve and garlic is tender, about 3 minutes: your kitchen never smelled so good! Add olives, capers, tomatoes, black pepper, and parsley. Bring sauce to a bubble, reduce heat, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Toss sauce and zucchini noodles together.