Zesty Potato Skin
These potato skins have a Southwestern kick that helps to create the perfect snack. The unusual pairing of lime and potato gives them a festive flavor that, with the creamy dressing, makes them a true treat.
- 6 medium red potatoes, baked
- vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 Teaspoon pepper
- 8 Ounces fat-free or low-fat cottage cheese, undrained
- 1/2 Teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 Teaspoon chili powder
- 24 black olive slices
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Cut each potato in half. Scoop out the center, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato on the inside of each skin. Cut the skins into quarters. Lightly spray the insides of the skins with vegetable oil spray. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, cumin, and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on the insides of the potatoes. Place the skins with skin side down on a baking sheet.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, process the remaining ingredients except the olives until smooth.
Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the cottage cheese mixture onto each potato skin and top with an olive slice.