Wobbly Chicken Tequila Fettucine
"I dont go out with my single friends — not at all — because I never have a good time, never have fun. We go to a club, a guy comes over: 'Hey, can I buy you a drink?' They're like, 'No, she's married.' I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm married, but I'm thirsty. Why don't you shut the hell up and let me have a free drink?'"
— Wanda Sykes
- 3 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 Cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons minced jalapeño peppers
- 1 1/2 shots tequila
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 quarts chicken stock, divided
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 package fettucine pasta
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 Cup bell pepper, multicolored, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
In a saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeño. Sauté for 3 minutes.
Mix in tequila, lime juice, and 1/3 cup chicken stock and bring to a boil. Let the sauce thicken and set aside.
In a small bowl, drizzle soy sauce over chicken and set aside.
In a large saucepan, boil the remaining chicken stock. Add pasta and cook to desired doneness following package instructions. Drain and set aside.
In a medium-sized pan, sauté onion and bell peppers with the olive oil and remaining tablespoon of butter. Stir occasionally until onions are soft and clear. Toss in chicken, sauce, and whipping cream. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked completely. Serve over the pasta and sprinkle cilantro on top for garnish.