- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups mixed wild mushrooms (oyster, shitake or cremini), cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Bring stock to boil in medium saucepan over high heat, then remove from heat. Add porcini mushrooms to saucepan and let them soak until mushrooms expand and soften, about 10 minutes. Remove and coarsely chop porcini mushrooms. Strain porcini broth through a paper towel to remove any sediment and set aside.
Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add wild mushrooms and button mushrooms and sauté until brown and tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add minced garlic, thyme, and chopped porcini mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes. Then add reserved porcini soaking liquid. Bring to simmer and cook soup for 10 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle each bowl with chives.