- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 Tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 Cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 Bartlett pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Teaspoons teaspoons powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place butter in a large (11- or 12-inch) cast-iron or ovenproof skillet and heat in the oven until butter is melted, about 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a blender, combine eggs, milk, cane sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Blend until smooth. Add flour and blend again. Remove skillet from oven, swirl butter to coat the bottom and sides of the pan, and pour in the batter. Top with pears and bake until the pancake is puffed and browned and pears are tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into wedges for serving.