Whole-Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
These whole-wheat pancakes are studded with warm blueberries and make a healthy morning treat. Freeze pancakes in stacks of three for breakfast later in the week.
- 2 Cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 Cup unsweetened almond milk, soy milk, or rice milk
- Cooking spray, for the griddle or skillet
- 1 1/4 Cup blueberries
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the almond milk, water, honey, and vanilla extract until blended. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until evenly mixed. Set the batter aside to rest for 10 minutes (the batter will be very thick).
Oil a cast-iron griddle or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Stir the blueberries into the batter. Ladle about ¼ cup batter onto the griddle and cook until the bottoms are golden, for about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the pancakes are cooked through, for 1-2 more minutes.