Where to Eat Now in New Orleans
The staple restaurants in New Orleans haven't changed in a century. You can still sample the classic fare at restaurants like Galatoire's and Commander's Palace. But while the classics remain cornerstones — both aforementioned restaurants were on The Daily Meal's 101 Best Restaurants in America — there is always room for other new and exciting spots taking on the scene as well.
We recently caught up with Peter Thriffiley Jr., of the New Orleans restaurant site Blackened Out, to get his take on where to go when you want something new. He has suggestions across the city, including the restaurant we visited, La Boca. Thriffiley believes there are not only new restaurants, but even neighborhoods that visitors to the city often miss out on.
For all of his recommendations, watch the video above, and then thank Thriffiley later when you have the perfect itinerary for your next jaunt to the Big Easy.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas