Check out our editors' picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• Take seasonal parsnips and make a creamy, hearty winter soup with Brussels sprouts and apple hash.
• If you're not into parsnip soup, make a risotto with parsnips instead.
• Here's a recipe for a veggie burger with black beans and portobello mushrooms that entices non-vegetarians, too.
• Make Catalonian flatbreads called coca with sweet peppers, bacon, and caramelized onions.
• Secrets to the perfect coq au vin recipe.
• Kumquats make a nice alternative to boring lemons in this roasted chicken recipe.
• In need of a classic? Try some Italian macaroni and cheese.
• This spicy pork soup is perfect for cold winter nights.
• Colorful roasted winter radishes are a gorgeous, comforting take on the root vegetable.
Portland Press Herald
• Cutting out the trips to fast-food restaurants? Make your own chicken nuggets with buttermilk and panko breadcrumbs.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.