Weekly Recipe Review: Melissa Clark's Grown-Up Brown Betty; Tangerine Ice; and More
Check out our editors' picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• Rich mocha cookies from Euro Pane are sure to be a hit at every party.
• Do you live somewhere warm? This seasonal tangerine ice would be perfect.
• This Sri Lankan chicken curry recipe sounds amazing, with apple cider vinegar and lemongrass.
• Ginger, chicken, and wontons mesh in this cold weather soup recipe.
• Serve 40 people salad with a classic red French dressing from Chicago's George Diamond steakhouse.
• Melissa Clark pairs sour cherry and pear brown betties with a grown-up brandy hard sauce.
Portland Press Herald
• Join the homemade condiment trend with a beer and caraway mustard.
• A warm berry compote pairs perfectly with polenta for a morning treat.
• Here's an interesting dish: barley risotto cooked with turnips and flavored with miso.
Wall Street Journal
• Miami chef Michael Schwartz shares his recipe for roasted vegetables and goat cheese.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.